All Australians have been advised to reconsider the need for non-essential travel at this time and are required to comply with the COVID-19 Places and Gatherings Orders.
To manage the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading within the community, and in accordance with the latest direction from the NSW Government, effective from 26 March 2020 The Macleay Valley Coast Holiday Parks (MVCHP) are only open for the purpose of accommodating ‘permanent residents’ of the Parks or ‘other persons who have no other place of permanent residence’, and; visitors to visit persons noted.
At this challenging time, we are implementing the following measures in the interests of the wellbeing of the community, guests and our Park staff: –
Existing Bookings: All guests with an existing booking between 26 March and 30 June 2020 will be required to follow Government advice and, unless they have no other place of permanent residence, will be supported to reschedule their bookings for another time, receive a credit for future use, or be provided with a refund.
New Bookings: No new bookings will be accepted for the period between 26 March and 30 June 2020, except from persons who have no other place of permanent residence. Bookings for dates from July 2020 onwards will be accepted as normal – but will be subject to change due to COVID-19 depending on Government advice at that time.
Annual Licence Holders: Annual Licence holders will not be permitted to stay at the Parks until further notice unless they have no other place of permanent residence, and so long as their stay is permitted under the conditions of their licence.
Park Measures: Guests who do stay at our Parks at this time should be aware that we have made changes to our usual operating procedures to help mitigate potential risks associated with COVID-19, which will impact your stay. These include but are not limited to: –
- Check-in procedures related to COVID-19 requiring you to confirm that you, or anyone travelling with you, do not have flu-like health related symptoms nor have you had COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has within the past 14 days prior to your arrival, or been travelling overseas in the past 14 days, and that you have no other place of permanent residence.
- Guests being required to practice good personal hygiene and to leave the Park at the request of our staff if we suspect you have health symptoms, (or do not comply with the Government Places and Gatherings Orders), that may jeopardise the safety and wellbeing of others. We will encourage you to return home and/or seek medical support.
- Delisting certain short-term camp sites to improve social distancing.
- Installed clear signage specific to COVID-19 health and hygiene practices, and social distancing requirements applicable throughout the Parks and especially in all common areas, amenities and camp kitchens. Requiring guests to adopt good personal hygiene and social distancing practices.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation regimes, especially of common areas
We appreciate your patience during this time. The situation is dynamic and further updates to our COVID-19 related advice and policies will be provided on this page.
Thank you for your interest in, understanding and support for the Macleay Valley Coast Holiday Parks, our local communities and staff. Should you have any questions regarding your stay, please use the form below. If you are arriving within the next seven days, please call us on 1300 425 605.